2017 Volkswagen Passat
2017 Volkswagen Passat vs 2017 Mazda6 in Santa Monica
See how the 2017 Volkswagen Passat beats the 2017 Mazda6 in this sedan showdown. Check out how each sedan performs below, and then visit Volkswagen Santa Monica for a test drive.
How's the Drive?
Get the right balance of power and mileage for your regular Downtown Los Angeles commute with the options available on the new Volkswagen Passat.
- The Mazda6 Engine: Each of the three Mazda6 trims offer a 2.5L Skyactiv engine, giving you power but not a lot of choice.
- Two Passat Engines: The standard 1.8 turbocharged engine gives you 170 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque, 34 mpg on the highway**, and 23 mpg in the city**. Upgrade to the V6 engine for 280 hp, 250 lb-ft of torque, 28 mpg on the highway**, and 20 mpg in the city**.
Stay comfortable and drown out the Los Angeles traffic with the right blend of features on the 2017 Volkswagen Passat.
- Mazda6 Interior Features: On the two higher level 2017 Mazda6 trims, you and your passengers will enjoy leather or leatherette trimmed seating in the front and back rows. However, these comfort amenities are out of reach for those who can't afford the pricier trims.
- Passat Cabin Comfort: In the 2017 Passat, everyone can be comfortable thanks to heated front and rear seats as well as dual zone automatic climate control. Around the center console, a wood and textured aluminum trim finishes off the interior elegance.
Keep your peace of mind on the West Hollywood streets with the an array of safety technologies behind you in your new VW Passat.
- Mazda6 Safety Features: The 2017 Mazda6 has a lane departure system that helps you when traveling over 37 mph as well as a lane keep assist system.
- Passat Safety Suite: The 2017 Passat includes the VW Car-Net Security & service app so you can lock your doors or call for emergency assistance. It also has a rearview camera system, blind spot monitor, rear traffic alert, park assist, front assist, lane assist, adaptive cruise control and park pilot.
Which Vehicle Is Right for You?
Check out how these sedans stack up one last time.
- 2017 Mazda6: The Mazda6 puts up a good show with its 2.5L engine, but it lacks the standard functionality, technology, and features of the 2017 Passat.
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat: The 2017 Passat gives you plenty of bells and whistles, even in the lower trims. Choose the engine that's right for you, and keep your peace of mind with an expansive range of safety features.
Settle the 2017 Volkswagen Passat vs 2017 Mazda6 Yourself
Settle this showdown once and for all with a test drive at Volkswagen Santa Monica. To make an appointment or ask a few questions, fill out our quick contact form.
**EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.