2017 Volkswagen Jetta
2017 Hyundai Elantra
When it comes to 2017 Volkswagen Jetta vs 2017 Hyundai Elantra, which is best for your Beverly Hills driving style? They both put up a good fight, but when you see them side-by-side, there’s certainly a clear winner in the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta. See how each car stacks up below, and then visit Volkswagen Santa Monica for a test drive.
How’s the Drive?
Choose the right engine set up for your Downtown Los Angeles commute whether you’re looking for power or fuel economy:
- Elantra Engines: The base engine gives you 147 hp, 28 mpg city and 37 mpg highway. The Eco engine gives you 128 hp, and the best engine gives you 206 hp, 26 mpg city and 33 mpg highway.
- Jetta Engines: The 2017 Jetta outdoes the Elantra with a base engine that gives you 150 hp, 28 mpg city** and 40 mpg highway**. The middle engine gives you 170 hp, 25 mpg city** and 35 mpg highway**. The highest level engine really pushes the limit with 210 hp and 33 mpg highway**.
Advanced Safety Features
Keep your peace of mind during the Los Angeles rush hour traffic with the right safety systems at your fingertips:
- Elantra Safety Add-Ons: The 2017 Elantra skips standard safety features and opts for available upgrades like Lane Departure Warning, Smart Cruise Control, and Lane Keep Assist.
- Comprehensive Jetta Safety: The 2017 Jetta gives you everything you need from a strong safety cage, seven stability enhancing systems, Park Pilot, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert, and much more.
Drown out the West Hollywood road noise with a great surround sound system:
- Infinity and Add-On Compatibility: Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are both available as add on systems. The Infinity Sound System is optional on the two highest trim levels.
- Fender and Compatibility: The Jetta includes a Fender Premium Sound System that gives you 400 watts of power. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are part of the VW Car-Net App Connect.
Which Vehicle Is Right for You?
Take one last look at both vehicles side-by-side before you make your final decision:
- 2017 Hyundai Elantra: The 2017 Elantra gives you three engine options but the designated Eco engine sacrifice significant power for minimal added fuel economy. Additionally, premium entertainment features are only available as add-ons.
- 2017 Volkswagen Jetta: The 2017 Jetta gives you more mileage without sacrificing power, strong mobile entertainment technologies and plenty of standard safety features.
Pick the Winner at Volkswagen Santa Monica
Are you ready to formally crown the winner of the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta vs 2017 Hyundai Elantra battle? Come down to Volkswagen Santa Monica and take your new 2017 Jetta for a test drive. If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, fill out our quick contact form.
*EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.