2016 Volkswagen Passat Santa Monica CA
The Passat has a new look, from exterior updates to interior details like wood-paneling, silver door trims, and a new steering wheel. There’s an abundance of options to choose from with the many trims available, and the Passat's excellent performance remains as strong as ever. Read on to see why Los Angeles and Beverly Hills drivers love the new Passat.
Trims and Pricing
With a wide range of trims available, you’re sure to find the Passat that’s right for your budget and your expectations:
starting at $22,440*
MSRP starting at $26,280*
MSRP starting at $30,495*
MSRP starting at $34,270*
MSRP starting at $23,975*.
MSRP starting at $36,835*
The redesigned exterior of the Passat is now bolder than ever. A new domed hood, chromed window trim, angled headlights, and LED taillights add to the striking statement of this midsize sedan. An optional lighting package will upgrade you to daytime running lights and LED headlights, and power folding mirrors assure you’ll see everything. The 19-inch alloy wheels on the R-Line add a big punch.
Whether you’re looking for a reliable car for you and your family or one with a little more edge, the Passat has you covered. Choose between two reliable engines for the excellent performance you need and the power you desire:
- 1.8L Turbocharged 4-cylinder TSI® engine: This engine comes standard on the 2016 Passat, but it’s anything but standard. Paired with a 6-speed DSG® automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode, you can reach up to 25 mpg city** and 38 mpg highway** and generate up to 170-hp.
- 3.6L V6 VSI® engine: This powerful engine comes standard on the Passat V6. Achieving up to 280-hp, this engine is paired with a 6-speed DSG® automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode. You’ll receive up to 20 mpg city** and 28 mpg highway** fuel efficiency.
Interior Features and Design
The Passat is a midsize sedan with a big size feel. Seating five comfortably with a spacious backseat, details like a leather-wrapped, flat-bottomed steering wheel add to the appeal. Additional cabin features make for a convenient and pleasant drive for you and your family:
- Climatronic® dual-zone climate control: This feature comes standard on the Passat, allowing you and your passengers to adjust air-settings for optimal comfort.
- Infotainment Display: A touchscreen sound system is available with VW Car-Net® and App-Connect so that you can stay connected, navigated, and entertained on the road.
- V-Tex leatherette seating: Featured on the R-Line trims, enjoy these heated, comfortable seats that add a luxury look to this sedan’s interior.
Advanced Safety Technology
The NHTSA has awarded the Passat a 5-star rating for safety, and the IIHS has bestowed their best rating of “good” on the new model in addition to naming it a “2016 Top Safety Pick +.” These additional accident prevention features assure you and your family will be offered the best protection:
- Front Assist: This feature uses the Forward Collision Warning system to monitor when you get too close to another vehicle to both alert you and apply braking to prevent a collision.
- Blind Spot Monitor: With this feature, you’ll know when a car is approaching your blind spots without craning your neck so you can change lanes with ease.
- Lane Assist: In the event that you begin to stray from your lane without a turn signal, this available feature will alert you and, on select trims, even help steer you back into your lane.
2016 Volkswagen Passat Reviews
From the interior design to the outstanding performance, critics are admiring the new Passat.
- Edmunds: “The quality of the VW Passat's interior materials is among the best in the class. Its overall cabin design is decidedly upscale, while the layout of gauges and controls is refreshingly simple.”
- Autoweek: “The Passat maintains its excellent road manners, passing on the lazy handling that comes standard on much of its competition.”
- The Car Connection: “We’ve found the current generation of the Passat to be extremely pleasant-driving, with some of the of the best (light yet accurate and nicely weighted) steering systems in its class.”
- Autoblog: “This engine feels punchy, energetic, and honestly, fun. It's happy to rev, and regardless of where the tach needle falls, there's both power and a pleasant, refined exhaust note.”
Test Drive a New Passat Today
Call us at Volkswagen Santa Monica at 855-459-7323 to schedule a test drive, or you can stop by the dealership. We’re located at 2440 Santa Monica Blvd in Santa Monica, CA. Come see why our Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and West Hollywood customers love the Passat!
*Prices exclude transportation, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
**EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.