How to Use 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Cruise Control
The Touareg is a sophisticated model equipped with plenty of features to enhance your driving experience. Though many high tech features can be found, one simple feature that you will likely get a lot of use from is the Touareg’s cruise control. Learning how to use the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg cruise control is simple with a little bit of guidance.
Though some Volkswagen models will have cruise control buttons situated on the steering wheel, the Touareg has the controls located out of the way on the cruise control stalk. You can find these controls on the left side of the steering wheel.
How to Turn on Volkswagen Cruise Control on the 2016 Touareg
- You can turn on the cruise control system on the Touareg by pulling the cruise control stalk toward you. A speedometer icon in the instrument cluster will become illuminated so that you know the system is on.
- Reach your desired cruising speed.
- To set the cruise control to your desired speed, press the “SET” button located on the very end of the stalk. A green cruise indicator light and your set speed will show up near the instrument cluster display.
How to Increase or Decrease Cruise Control Speed on the 2016 VW Touareg
- You can increase your speed by increments of 5 mph by pushing up on the cruise control stalk.
- Decrease your speed by increments of 5 mph by pulling down on the cruise control stalk.
- You can increase your speed by 1 mph at a time by pulling the cruise control stalk toward you.
Applying the brakes will cancel cruise control and allow you to slow down. Keep in mind, however, that the cruise control system will remain on even if no cruising speed is set. You can also deactivate cruise control by pushing the stalk away from you.
Now that you know how to use the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg cruise control, be sure to use it for more comfortable highway driving on your next road trip. Remember to continue checking back to the Volkswagen Santa Monica blog for more Volkswagen tips and tricks.