How to Set Up 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Delayed Charging
The e-Golf is full of exciting features, and even if you’ve owned the model for a while, you may still be discovering some of them now. One of these features is delayed charging, which can help you customize when and how your e-Golf is charged. We will show you how to set up the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf delayed charging.
How to Use Delayed Charging on 2016 VW e-Golf Touch Screen
- Press the “CAR” button to the right of the touch screen display.
- Press the “e-manager” button on the touch screen.
The e-manager screen will allow you to set up to three departure times. For example, if you charge at home or charge at work, you can enter into the system what times you generally leave these locations to help ensure that your e-Golf is fully charged when you need it to be ready.
- Edit a departure time by adjusting the “Hour” and “Minute” scrolling bars.
- You can also select which days the departure time applies to your schedule.
- Select “charging location” on the bottom of the screen to select your charging location for the departure time.
- By clicking the arrow to the right of the location, you can edit the settings for that location, which include climate control, maximum charging current, maximum battery charge level and off-peak power charging time. This is great for taking advantage of lower electricity rates that may be in effect in some locations at night.
The e-Golf delayed charging functionality can also be set up through the VW Car-Net smartphone app and through the Web. This means you have access to your e-Golf controls no matter where you are.
Now that you know how to set up the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf delayed charging, you’ll be able to customize your vehicle’s charging settings. Feel free to contact us at Volkswagen Santa Monica with any questions about this handy feature.