Archive for the ‘Golf Model Features’ Category
The Volkswagen Golf GTI is the hot hatch of the VW Golf lineup, offering turbocharged engine power and sporty handling. It was designed to cruise long distances without compromising comfort and style. In fact, the “GT” in its name was inspired by Grand Touring or Gran Turismo — an Italian phrase for “touring” cars. So, what is the Volkswagen GTI 0 – 60 mph time? Read on to learn more about its speed and power!
Volkswagen GTI 0 – 60 MPH
The new VW Golf GTI houses a turbocharged, intercooled 2.0L TSI 16-valve motor paired with a six-speed manual transmission. With this powertrain, the Golf GTI produces up to 228 hp and up to 258 lb-ft torque. The best part? It’s surprisingly fuel-efficient, earning an EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/32 mpg highway rating. According to Car and Driver testing, the VW Golf GTI accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 5.7 seconds and can take on a quarter mile in 14.3 seconds, while reaching up to 100 mph.
What Are the Golf GTI Hatch’s Other Performance Features?
While you won’t be pushing the Golf GTI to its full potential on Beverly Hills and Brentwood roads, there’s plenty of performance features to enjoy. Some highlights include the following:
- DCC® Adaptive Chassis Control: No to be confused with adaptive cruise control, this system allows you to alternate between three firmness settings to automatically control the damper valves.
- Progressive Power Steering: With the help of variable assistance, this system makes steering at any speed easier and more fluid.
- Sport Suspension: Sport suspension improves the Golf GTI hatch’s grip while delivering sporty driving feedback.
- Performance Braking: Ventilated disc brakes help keep your car’s braking system functionally optimally at high and low speeds.
- Limited-Slip Differential: As you travel, this system adjusts the torque balance as necessary to improve your control over the vehicle.
- Paddle Shifters: When you choose the available seven-speed automatic transmission, you’ll enjoy manual control over gearshifts whenever the mood strikes.
When you look more closely at its speed and performance features, it’s easy to see why the Volkswagen Golf GTI is a favorite of Santa Monica’s everyday drivers and sports car enthusiasts alike.
Test Drive a Golf GTI at Volkswagen Santa Monica!
Ready to see what the 2019 Golf GTI can do? Put it to the test at Volkswagen Santa Monica! Here, you can find a Volkswagen GTI for sale or apply for a Volkswagen GTI lease with competitive rates and terms. Contact us to schedule a test drive near Culver City and learn how it compares to the regular Golf.