Archive for June, 2018
Are you looking for something fun and festive to do for Independence Day? Check out these Santa Monica-area 4th of July events and fireworks shows. (more…)
Wondering about the best things to do in Santa Monica? Check out this extensive list of great activities you can enjoy at Santa Monica Pier, the beach, and downtown.
Santa Monica Pier
One of the most famous destinations of Santa Monica — and coupled with its beach likely the most iconic — Santa Monica Pier offers a unique set of experiences for locals and tourists alike. Families and those enjoying the sights solo will find a variety of great things to do here, including riding the ferris wheel and roller coaster, visiting the aquarium, enjoying the fairground, and experiencing the historic architecture of the Looff Hippodrome. You’ll also find a variety of outdoor films and musical events in addition to great restaurants.
Santa Monica Beach
Santa Monica State Beach offers a relaxed vibe — assuming you stay clear of the hustle and bustle of the iconic pier. If you’re looking for a great festive setting complete with bathrooms, bike packs, and plenty of parking, Santa Monica State Beach offers a relaxing and enjoyable getaway for those folks just looking for a nice day at the beach. You also don’t want to miss the original muscle beach — a hangout for some of the buffest folks in Santa Monica. Don’t worry, though — these hunks contribute to the overall festive atmosphere on the beach!
Downtown Santa Monica
While most people think of the beach and the pier when they envision Santa Monica, the downtown area isn’t to be missed. With a variety of retail outlets, beauty parlors, arts experiences, and dining options, you’ll be hard-pressed to have a boring time in downtown Santa Monica. Some of the most incredible experiences to be had in downtown Santa Monica include shopping at the Third Street Promenade pedestrian shopping zone, visiting the Santa Monica Place shopping center, discovering the wonders at the Museum of Flying, and more.
Are you interested in experiencing some of the natural wonders and cultural sights in the Santa Monica-area from the comfort and convenience of your RV? Check out these local RV parks. (more…)
The iconic Volkswagen Golf — which has been in production since 1974 — has long been a top choice for the compact car segment, with its pleasing driving characteristics, hatchback versatility, and high fuel economy. The VW Golf has aged well by continuously evolving and improving with each generation, with it retaining its “cool” factor after all of these years. Kelley Blue Book (KBB) recently confirmed this “coolness” when it named it to their 10 Coolest Cars of 2018 list. (more…)
Are you looking for something fun and interesting to do with your Dad on 2018 Father’s Day Weekend? Check out these events and activities in the Santa Monica-area. (more…)
Looking for some of the best eats in the Santa Monica area? Look no further. We’ll take a close look at some of the best restaurants in the area in this special guide compiled exclusively for you by Volkswagen Santa Monica.
Santa Monica Pier Food
Santa Monica Pier is one of the most extraordinary parts of the area. If you’re looking for a bite to eat while visiting, here are a few great choices you should consider checking out:
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: If you’re looking for a fun place to eat while you’re on the Pier, you should definitely check out Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. With excellent service, high customer ratings, and great family-friendly atmosphere, you’ll definitely enjoy this fishing-boat-turned-restaurant experience!
- Japadog: Want a savory hot dog while you’re enjoying your time on the Pier? Check out Japadog! These delicious Japanese fusion hot dogs will re-energize your taste buds!
- Big Dean’s Oceanfront Cafe: If you’re looking for the true sports bar and pug experience with outdoor patios and delicious ice-cold beer, this is your restaurant. With an average of 4.5 stars from 277 reviewers on Google, this is a must-visit.
Santa Monica Blvd Restaurants
Cruising up and down Santa Monica Blvd? Here are some great restaurants to check out:
- Norah: This chic spot features New American fare in a pleasant, bright setting.
- Cafe D’Etoile: Enjoy delicious French-American cuisine in an outdoor setting. A great spot for happy hour hangouts, late-night cravings, and drinks.
- Hugo’s Restaurant: This casual health-focused spot delivers Californian food perfection in addition to a great happy hour.
Ocean Ave Restaurants
If you find yourself on Ocean Ave, here are the top restaurants to experience:
- Meat On Ocean: Enjoy great surf-and-turf at all hours. The perfect comfort food spot on Ocean Ave.
- Del Frisco’s Grille: With signature seafood, sandwiches, steaks, and cocktails, this trendy spot isn’t one you want to miss.
- Water Grill: Raw-bar options and a daily-updated menu make this seafood spot the ideal destination for pescatarians.