The 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan Reaches New Performance Heights
When you like to test your limits on the Beverly Hills roads, the 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan is ready to give you the space and power you need for any urban adventure. With turbocharged performance and efficient technology, you’ll find a match in the VW Tiguan.
Turbo Charged Engine
The German engineers are at it again to bring you’re an engine that you’ll be proud to brag about. Here’s how the 2.0L turbocharged engine of the new Volkswagen Tiguan stacks up:
- Horsepower: The Tiguan line comes with one engine capable of 200 hp at 5100 rpm, which is plenty of power for an adventure or a morning commute.
- Torque: The 2017 Tiguan is capable of pulling its own weight through the Santa Monica streets thanks to a maximum of 207 lb-ft of torque at 1700 rpm.
- Valve Train: This system contains several performance components starting with a double overhead camshaft and four valves per cylinder. The hydraulic lifters are maintenance free and you’ll enjoy variable intake valve timing.
- Mileage: This SUV gets 20 mpg city* and 24 mpg highway*.
Boost Your Driving Capability
Tackle any obstacle on the Los Angeles streets with these added performance features:
- 4MOTION All Wheel Drive: Available on some trims, this powerful all wheel drive system is built to handle a full range of weather conditions. When you encounter tough road conditions, this AWD will make sure you get through to the end of your journey.
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission: If your adventures are unpredictable, you need a transmission that shifts seamlessly. This 6-speed automatic set up gives you plenty of driving fun and it comes with a Sport Mode.
- Sport Suspension: The Sports trims boast independent front MacPherson struts, stabilizer bars and rear fully independent 4-link suspension. All that adds up for sharper road handling on winding back roads and city streets.
- Sport Mode: Are you looking to push your Tiguan to the limits? Engage the Sport Mode on your transmission for tighter driving control. You’ll get more of a racing feel as you speed down the highways.
- Stability Enhancement Systems: The Tiguan offers seven stability enhancing systems including Electronic Brake Pressure Distribution and Electronic Stability Control. EBD gives you the appropriate power when hard barking is a must. ESC adjusts the throttle and applies corrective forces when needed for stability.
Powerful and Efficient Lighting
Even the lighting system is the result of the German engineers’ active ingenuity and efficient mindset:
- Bi-Xenon Headlights: These powerful headlights are brighter than regular and halogen bulbs. Though they use less power than other bulbs, Bi-Xenon headlights last longer over all.
- LED Daytime Running Lights: Be seen with ease during harsh weather conditions with LED DRLs that add style to your Tiguan’s first impression. They are sleek and seamlessly integrated into the rest of the complex lighting system.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System: When you’re heading around a sharp turn at night, it can be difficult to see the road ahead. See more and preserve your peace of mind with adaptive front light. The system moves the lights to match your steering and illuminate the road ahead.
Adventure Ready Design Elements
Are you ready for an urban adventure in West Hollywood? Take a trip or just drive around with the adventure-ready Tiguan:
- Versatile Interior Storage: The rear seating of the Tiguan gives you the unique option of 40/20/40-split folding. Slide and fold your rear seats as needed to accommodate your cargo and luggage.
- Roof Rails: When its time for you next adventure, strap your kayak, bikes, snowboards, luggage, and more to your roof rails. There are a number of VW accessories that make the Tiguan even more adventure ready.
- Power Side Mirrors: Skip the worry of frost with power side mirrors. They feature heating to combat that morning chill and they are integrated with turning signals for added roadway safety.
- Heated Windshield Washer Nozzles: When really want to avoid that morning session with your ice scraper and your windshield, take full advantage of the heated windshield washer nozzles. They’ll melt away the ice with minimal effort on your part.
Find Out More About the Tiguan at VW Santa Monica
Are you ready to take the 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan for a spin around the block? Visit Volkswagen of Santa Monica, which is located at 2440 Santa Monica Blvd, to take your test drive. To make an appointment or ask questions, give us a quick call at (855) 459-7323 or fill out our contact form.
*EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.