Volkswagen Compacts: An In-Depth Look
If you’re on the market for a Volkswagen compact, you have a lot of options from which to choose. Fortunately, picking the right vehicle for your needs and budget doesn’t have to be complicated. Read on to learn more about each Volkswagen compact available, and see why these compacts are the ideal automobiles for drivers who need excellent handling, versatility, and a small footprint – especially in an urban environment. And be sure to take a VW compact for a test drive today at Volkswagen Santa Monica! The lineup includes the Beetle, Golf, Golf GTI, e-Golf, and Golf R.
An Unparalleled Urban Driving Experience
One of the most important differentiators when considering whether or not to invest in a Volkswagen compact vehicle is determining your specific needs. If you live in the Los Angeles area, you’re well-accustomed to traffic, AC use, and stoplights. Volkswagen compacts provide a solution to these issues by giving you outstanding fuel economy, a compact profile for ease of navigating and turning, and plenty of interior comforts. Here are a few of the key features that make a Volkswagen compact the perfect match for Los Angeles driving:
- Small Footprint: Every compact, from the Beetle to the Golf R, boasts a small physical footprint designed to make your life as easy as possible on narrow city streets. You’ll never worry about parallel parking again.
- Fuel Efficiency: VW compacts like the venerable Beetle achieve up to 34 mpg on the highway*. The innovative all-electric e-Golf achieves up to 126 mpge in the city** – it’s truly unstoppable. For a fuel-efficient driving experience in the LA area, VW compacts are the ideal choice.
- Cargo and Passenger Versatility: Even with tremendous efficiency and a small physical footprint, VW compacts also manage to achieve substantial efficiencies in terms of cargo and passenger space. For instance, the Volkswagen Golf holds up to 52.7 cubic feet of cargo with the rear seats folded down.
2016 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Denim Edition
2016 Volkswagen Golf GTI
Volkswagen Compacts: Designed for the 21st Century
Volkswagen’s legacy for developing the most innovative automobiles on the market continues in its available compact lineup. Read to learn more about what differentiates a Volkswagen from the average car:
- All-Electric Engine Available: The 2016 e-Golf features an all-electric engine designed to achieve outstanding performance while consuming no gas whatsoever. All you have to do is plug it in, let it charge, and you’re good to go.
- High-End Performance: The Golf GTI sports a 210-hp turbocharged engine, thereby making it the ideal Volkswagen compact for drivers who want a little extra power in their driving experience.
- Cutting-Edge Technologies: Every Volkswagen compact features smartphone connectivity, integrated entrainment and navigation, available advanced safety features like rearview cameras and blind spot detection, and much more. This is how driving in the 21st century was truly meant to be.
Choosing the Right Volkswagen Compact for Your Needs
Ultimately, you’re probably wondering which Volkswagen compact vehicle is the right choice for your specific needs. Do you want more efficiency? Or high-speed performance? What are your interior space needs? Answering these questions will help you to better understand which vehicle is a good match for your lifestyle. Here’s a little more information about each vehicle in the Volkswagen compact lineup to help you make this important decision.
- The Volkswagen Beetle is an affordable compact with an iconic look and feel. It’s also incredibly customizable and available in 3 trim levels to best suit your budget and needs.
- For a modern hatchback, the VW Golf brings a superb driving experience to the table. Its abundance of interior space, technology integrations, and suite of safety features make it a great choice for LA drivers.
- High-end performance defines the VW Golf GTI. Its 220-hp 2.0L turbocharged engine gives you incredible performance. Proclaiming it “fun to drive” would be an understatement.
- Drivers on the lookout for an electric vehicle should pay close attention to the VW e-Golf. Its estimated 83 miles per charge and 126 mpg city fuel economy make it easy on the wallet and environment.
- For the ultimate in VW compact performance, the Golf R is the right choice for you. Its 292 hp turbocharged 2.0T in-line 4-cylinder engine achieves tremendous performance. It’ll take you from 0 to 60 in just 4.9 seconds.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf
2016 Volkswagen Beetle
Test Drive a Volkswagen Compact Today at Volkswagen Santa Monica!
The ideal way to determine which VW compact is right for you is to take them each for a test drive. We hope to see you soon, and be sure to let us know if you have any questions – we’re here to help!
*EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.
**EPA estimates. Based on EPA formula of 33.7 kW/hour equal to one gallon of gasoline energy, EPA rated the e-Golf equivalent to 126 MPG measured as gasoline fuel efficiency in city driving, and 105 MPG in highway driving. 2016 EPA estimates not available at time of publication. Actual mileage will vary and depend on several factors including driving and charging habits, weather and temperature, battery age, and vehicle condition. Battery capacity decreases with time and use. See owner’s manual for details.