2017 Volkswagen Passat Santa Monica, CA
The Volkswagen Passat is a midsize sedan that has proved time and time again to be one of the most popular Volkswagen models. The 2017 Volkswagen Passat saw relatively minor changes for the model year but the trim structure has been repositioned with driver assistance, connectivity, and convenience features all being moved into lower trim lines, making the Passat more valuable than ever before. Interested in the new 2017 Volkswagen Passat? Keep reading to find out more information on the new 2017 Passat.
The 2017 Passat lineup features two engine options, a 1.8-liter TSI turbocharged four-cylinder engine or a powerful 3.6-liter V6 engine. The turbo technology in the TSI engine forces cooled air straight into the engine, giving drivers more performance, horsepower and torque. The estimated fuel economy for the 2017 Passat equipped with the 1.8-liter engine is 23 city mpg and 34 highway mpg. The V6 engine brings the estimated fuel economy rating down slightly to 20 city mpg and 28 highway mpg.
The 2017 Volkswagen Passat is sophisticated inside and out, offering many different trims stacked with features you will appreciate on your commute as they keep your family entertained. Find out all that this car has to give drivers in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Los Angeles, and then meet us down at Volkswagen Santa Monica for a test drive!
Trims and Pricing
There’s something for everyone on varying budgets with seven available trims of the 2017 Volkswagen Passat.
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat S – MSRP starting at $22,440*
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat R-Line – MSRP starting at $23,975*
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat SE – MSRP starting at $25,495*
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat SE with Technology – MSRP starting at $27,995*
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat SEL Premium – MSRP starting at $30,995*
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat V6 SE with Technology – MSRP starting at $29,295*
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium – MSRP starting at $33,995*
This model features LED headlights, taillights, and Daytime Running Lights for increased visibility. Many different wheel options are available to choose from with alloys ranging from 16 inches to 19 inches. The R-Line trim distinguishes itself with aerodynamic sculpting for a sportier look. Adding available Park Assist will put sensors in your front and rear bumpers to help guide you into parking spaces, and cargo loading is easy with a power-open trunk.
2017 VW Passat Safety and Technology Features
Volkswagen is taking huge steps in their safety for their vehicles and for the 2017 Passat, Volkswagen has added Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking as a standard feature for all Passats. Other active safety features available on the new Passat include, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control and Park Pilot.
Volkswagen doesn't stop there at giving the 2017 Passat all of the best features. Drivers will enjoy the convenience of the hands-free easy open trunk and they will love the additional features including climatronic dual-zone automatic climate control, keyless access and push-button start, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity and much more.
Interested in the 2017 Volkswagen Passat? Call or visit us at Volkswagen Santa Monica for more information or to schedule a test drive.
You have two available engine options with the 2017 Volkswagen Passat.
- 1.8L Turbocharged TSI Engine: This is the standard engine on the Passat. It produces up to 170 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque. Paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, you’ll receive up to 34 mpg highway** and 23 mpg city**.
- 3.6L V6 Engine: Both the V6 SE and V6 SEL trims feature this upgraded engine that generates up to 280 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft. of torque. It’s paired with a 6-speed dual clutch transmission, and you’ll receive up to 28 mpg highway** and 20 mpg city**.
Interior Features and Design
Cloth seating is standard inside of the 2017 Volkswagen Passat, and leatherette seating is available on higher trims. There’s plenty of tech inside of the cabin for your entertainment and convenience while you’re out and about.
- Touchscreen Infotainment System: VW Car-Net App Connect is featured on a 6.3-inch touchscreen to give you smartphone syncing, navigation, audio streaming, and use of some apps.
- Fender Sound System: With this available 8-speaker sound system, you’ll receive premium audio quality to enjoy your favorite music and other entertainment.
- Standard Rearview Camera: When you switch gears into reverse, the Passat will offer you a view of what’s going on behind you on your infotainment display.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Beyond airbags and standard monitoring tech, VW offers the Driver Assist Package that provides you with a full suite of advanced safety technology to help you stay protected on the road.
- Front Assist: This system monitors the traffic in front of you to alert you if a forward collision is probable. If no action is taken, automatic braking is applied to slow you down.
- Lane Assist: Stay in your lane with this technology that will provide an alert and steering torque if you leave your lane without using a turn signal.
- Blind Spot Monitor: When a vehicle approaches your blind spot, sensors on the exterior of the vehicle will detect it and alert you that it may not be the best time to switch lanes.
2017 Volkswagen Passat Reviews
Reviews are still coming in for this brand new model, but critics are already applauding the 2017 Volkswagen Passat for its spacious, well-designed, and quiet cabin.
- Edmunds: “It rides smoothly, the cabin keeps out most of the wind and road noise, and the front seats should keep you comfy on a long road trip. VW gives you a solid set of features for the money, too.”
- Car and Driver: “Despite its German brand name and heritage, the Passat is a thoroughly American-style family sedan, from its limo-like rear seat to its supple ride.”
- The Car Connection: “The Passat's surfaces are clean, and it uses a minimum of details with relatively spare lines. It's all buttons and switches—and big readable dials, simple and right where you expect them to be.”
Take a Tour of the 2017 Volkswagen Passat Today
The 2017 Volkswagen Passat is available now at Volkswagen Santa Monica, located at 2440 Santa Monica Blvd., where we serve drivers of Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Los Angeles. Give us a call to schedule an appointment for a test drive at 855-459-7323. If you have any questions, you can contact us online and we’ll be in touch!
*Prices exclude transportation, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
**EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.