2016 Volkswagen Jetta Santa Monica CA
There's a Jetta for every driver. With a smooth ride, a spacious interior with the modern technologies you desire, excellent fuel efficiency for long commutes, and the safety features you need to feel confident for you and your passengers, see which trim works best for you.
The stylish design, top quality craftsmanship and wide range of engine options remain, but a few significant changes have been made to the model that truly enhance the driving experience. Come check out the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta in Santa Monica CA by scheduling a test drive or read on to learn more.
It can't be easy taking a vehicle that is already one of the most popular VW models right now and making it even better. But that is just what Volkswagen has done with the 2016 Jetta.
Our convenient location in Santa Monica makes us a great VW dealership for serving anyone in the greater Los Angeles CA area. So stop in and we can show you the Jetta's modern features and comfortable seating, and help you choose the right Jetta engine for your driving needs. A newly added 150-horsepower engine and brand new touchscreen infotainment system come standard, but there are plenty of ways to personalize the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta to suit your driving spirit.
Trims and Pricing
We aren't kidding when we say there's a Jetta for everyone. There are four available engines, each with various trims to accommodate anyone:
- Jetta 1.4T S: MSRP starting at $17,680*
- Jetta 1.4T SE: MSRP starting at $18,995*
- Jetta 1.8T Sport: MSRP starting at $20,895*
- Jetta 1.8T SEL: MSRP starting at $24,645*
- Jetta 1.8T SEL Premium: MSRP starting at $27,325*
- Jetta 2.0T GLI SE: MSRP starting at $26,920*
- Jetta 2.0 T GLI SEL: MSRP starting at $29,280*
- Jetta Hybrid: MSRP starting at $31,120*
From the look of a classic sedan to a sporty edition, there are a number of exterior looks for the Jetta. Various appearance packages, like a premium lighting upgrade, or 18-inch Mallory wheels, chrome-tipped exhaust, and honeycomb grille are just some of the features available on various trims. See which one suits your style.
Choose the level of power you need. From a lively standard engine to a sportier edition to the most eco-conscious, we've got you covered:
- 1.4T: This is the new base engine that comes standard on the Jetta. This engine gets up to 28 mpg city** and 40 mpg highway**, and you can choose between a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode. It generates up to 150-hp.
- 1.8T: This engine comes on the next-level trims. Paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode, you'll receive up to 25 mpg city** and 36 mpg highway** and generate up to 170-hp.
- 2.0T: You can match this autobahn-inspired engine with a 6-speed manual transmission or 6-peed DSG® automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode. You'll get up to 23 mpg city** and 33 mpg highway** and generate up to 210-hp.
- Hybrid: The most eco-friendly option, this trim comes with a hybrid 1.4L engine that can achieve up to 150-hp and receives 42 mpg city** and 48 mpg highway**.
Though the Jetta comes standard with a new 1.4-liter turbocharged engine delivering 150 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque. you can also get your Jetta with the sporty 170-horsepower engine or highly efficient TDI Clean Diesel engine with up to a manufacturer estimated 46 highway mpg. The Jetta is also available with electric power through the Jetta Hybrid and performance power through the Jetta GLI, which offers up to 210 horsepower.
These days, you would expect to find an infotainment system on just about any vehicle, but Volkswagen's new MIB II touchscreen infotainment system takes this to the next level. In addition to being incredibly intuitive, the new infotainment system in the 2016 Jetta is available with App-Connect, which allows smartphone app connectivity through Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink. Now, staying connected is easier than ever.
To truly enjoy a vehicle, you need to have peace of mind while on the road. Thankfully, the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta when equipped with the optional Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking system earned the recognition of being named a 2015 Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Interior Features and Design
The Jetta was designed with not only the driver's but also the passengers' comfort in mind. With five spacious seats and ample cargo space, you'll love the feel of this sedan:
- Smartphone integration: From the standard Bluetooth® connected infotainment system to Apple Carplay to Android Auto, you'll have access to music streaming, hands-free calling, and connection to your favorite apps.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control: Choose this available feature that allows both you and your passengers to acclimate the temperature to their own levels of comfort.
- Keyless entry and push-button start: This convenient feature means you don't have to dig around for your keys. The Jetta will sense their proximity and allow you access.
Advanced Safety Technology
We drive all of the time in California. That's why it's important to know that the Jetta has received a 5-star safety rating from the NHTSA and a “good” rating with advanced front crash protection from the IIHS. The Jetta has additional safety features available to prevent an accident from occurring:
- Front Assist: This includes the Forward Collision Warning system that monitors how far ahead other vehicles are from you and can apply the brake if a collision is imminent.
- Rear Traffic Alert: When backing up, this feature will alert you and even brake for you if another vehicle is sensed coming.
- Blind Spot Monitor: This sensor system monitors if a vehicle is closing in on your vehicle in an area you may not be able to see.
2016 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
Critics love the Jetta, from its passenger accommodation to efficiency and safety standards:
- Edmunds: “As we discovered in our Hybrid Sedan Comparison Test, the Jetta is quick and lively around town, with a more conventional-feeling power delivery than hybrid versions of the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.”
- Autoblog: “For a good price, it offers German quality, the most interior space in the compact class, refinement, responsive performance, safety, and fuel economy.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “As Volkswagen's best seller, the 2016 Jetta sedan runs the gamut, including a simple economy car, performance-oriented sedan, and fuel-sipping hybrid and diesel models.”
- US News and Ranking: “The Jetta earns high marks from crash testers, so it will ensure that you and your family are safe in the event of an accident.”
Take the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta for a Spin Today
At Volkswagen Santa Monica, we'll set you up on a test drive so you can see which trim is the best for you. Just give us a call at 855-459-7323 or stop by the dealership at 2440 Santa Monica Blvd in Santa Monica, CA. You'll see why the Jetta is great for driving around Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, and beyond!
*Prices exclude transportation, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
**EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors including your driving habits and vehicle condition.