Meeting the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
The Golf SportWagen is proof that the station wagon never died. It just experienced a rebirth thanks to the ingenuity of Volkswagen engineering. Sporty, sleek, modern and high tech describe the station wagon for the modern age, making it no secret why Volkswagen calls it a SportWagen. This is a unique model you'll definitely want to get behind the wheel of, so contact us to test drive the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Santa Monica CA or read on to learn more.
If you like the Golf, then there's nothing to not love from the Golf SportWagen. You still get a fun driving experience, upscale interior and impressive versatility. The big difference, of course, is the extended body that boosts your cargo space up to 66.5 cu. ft. So get behind the wheel of the SportWagen's 1.8-liter 170-horsepower engine and get started on your next adventure.
For those looking for the cargo-capabilities of an SUV that don’t want the hassle of the size and low fuel economy, the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is an exciting alternative. Seating five passengers, you’ll have ample room in the hatchback cargo area to load up for adventures or from shopping trips. The interior features the European-style that VW drivers love, and plenty of safety and entertainment technologies easily make this wagon a vehicle that families will love. Find out all about how the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is the perfect car for Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Los Angeles drivers — and check out our other Volkswagen Golf models like the 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI as well!
Performance and Power
The 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is powered by a 1.8L TSI® engine that delivers up to 170-hp and 184 lb.-ft. of torque. You’ll receive up to 35 mpg highway* and 25 mpg city* for fuel economy. A 6-speed transmission with available Tiptronic® with Sport mode offers you gear shifters inside of the cabin for a livelier driving experience. A 5-speed manual transmission is also available.
This wagon looks great on the road and is equipped to make any adventure that much better. Depending on the trim you choose, the wagon sits on stylish alloy wheels ranging from 15-inches to 18-inches.
- Panoramic Sunroof: This power tilting/sliding sunroof always lets in the California sunshine and a glance at the stars in a clear night sky.
- Roof Rails: Don’t leave anything behind with these roof rails, ready to take on your bigger toys or cargo boxes for vacations.
- Bi-Xenon High Intensity Headlights: These automatic headlights are paired with Daytime Running Lights for maximum visibility in a sporty, angled design.
Interior Dimensions and Design
There’s enough room for everyone and everything inside of the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen. Seat five with plenty of room in the rear, or fold down the seats to bring along your bigger items.
- 66.5 cu. ft. of Cargo Space: Thanks to 60/40 rear folding seats, you can take advantage of the space the wagon has to offer by loading up easily.
- Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat: This available driver’s seat offers 12-way power adjustments including power lumbar support to optimize comfort settings for longer drives.
- Leatherette Seating: Seating for all passengers is comfortable with this easy-to-clean material with ample cushioning.
The Golf SportWagen features the latest and greatest infotainment technologies offered by VW to make driving easy and enjoyable.
- VW Car-Net® Guide & Inform: Access navigation services with traffic monitoring, sports updates, weather, and more on a touchscreen display.
- Rearview Camera System: Have a view of the rear to make backing out of a parking spot or leaving the driveway that much easier.
- Fender® Premium Audio System: This 400-watt sound system offers you high-quality audio playback to enjoy your favorite songs.
- Bluetooth® with Audio Streaming: Control phone calls and flip through your music catalogue on the steering wheel-mounted controls so you can keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while staying connected.
The NHTSA has offered the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen 5-stars for overall safety from government crash tests. A full suite of Driver’s Assistance technologies is available to make this vehicle do everything it can for you to prevent an accident.
- Front Assist: This feature monitors forward traffic. If an accident is possible, you’ll receive an alert, and autonomous emergency braking will be applied.
- Lane Assist: Monitoring the lines on the road, this feature will alert you if you drift from your lane’s center and apply steering assistance to guide you back to the center.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead of you with this feature that adjusts speed based on the traffic around you.
Get Inside the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Today!
Don’t just read about the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen. Come into Volkswagen Santa Monica for a test drive today. You’ll be able to experience all of these excellent features first-hand and pick between different trims and styles.
Our dealership is located at 2440 Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica, CA, where we serve drivers of Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Los Angeles as well. You can schedule an appointment for a test drive by giving us a call at 855-459-7323. If you have any questions about this vehicle or any other vehicle in our inventory, you can also contact us online if that is more convenient for you!
Vehicles you may like
*EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.