2016 Volkswagen Golf R Santa Monica CA
The Golf R is the most performance-focused model from Volkswagen currently available in the US. It's for drivers with a racer's heart, who desire pure exhilaration and driving enjoyment. That's exactly what the Golf R is designed for, so if you're ready to get behind the wheel of the 2016 Volkswagen Golf R in Santa Monica CA or any other area on the west side of Los Angeles, get in touch with us.
The Golf R combines the power of a sports car with the versatility of the rest of the Golf family. This allows you to use it for performance or for your daily commute. Plus, despite the 292-horsepower turbocharged engine, the Golf R somehow still manages to offer 31 highway mpg. Like we said, it's versatile, and you'll be able to enjoy every single drive.
The Golf R's 2.0-liter turbocharged engine delivers up to 292 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft. of torque. This is paired to either a standard 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission. The model also comes standard with 4MOTION all-wheel drive. Putting this all together, the Golf R is capable of sprinting from 0 to 60 mph in only 4.9 seconds.
The Golf R has VW's new and intuitive MIB II infotainment system with SUB connectivity. Staying connected to your smartphone is even easier now thanks to the available VW Car-Net App-Connect system that integrates Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink. Other high tech features include available driver assistance systems like Blind Spot Monitor, Park Pilot and Lane Departure Warning.
Versatility in the Golf R goes beyond the model's hatchback access and maximum cargo space of 52.7 cu. ft. Like we said, the model is capable of an impressive 31 mpg highway, but you can also customize your driving experience with Driving Mode Selection. Choose between Normal, Individual and Race, which is designed for track driving with increased damping and sportier shift points. Individual mode allows you to combine multiple settings.
Test Drive the 2016 Volkswagen Golf R
Are you on the market for a 2016 Volkswagen Golf R in the Beverly Hills or West Hollywood areas of Los Angeles? The automotive experts at Volkswagen Santa Monica are here to help you make the best decision possible for this important investment. The new Volkswagen Golf R combines luxury, performance, and style into a cohesive design that communicates a confident look. It's a pleasurable vehicle to drive, too, given that it's loaded with the latest technologies from Volkswagen. Read on to learn more about it and how you can take it for a test drive today at Volkswagen Santa Monica!
The 2016 Volkswagen Golf R features an innovative and powerful 2.0L TSI® engine that can deliver a thundering 292 horsepower and 20 lb-ft of torque – all while achieving tremendous gas savings with its fuel economy of up to 23 mpg in the city* and 30 mpg on the highway*. There's no more efficient way to go from 0 to 60 mph in a mere 4.5 seconds than with the VW Golf R for 2016.
In addition to its powerful core engine and performance specs, the 2016 VW Golf R also features a number of key, innovative technologies designed to maximize your driving and handling experience whether you're in the city or on the highway. These features include:
- 6-Speed DSG Dual-Clutch Automatic Transmission: With an advanced automatic transmission, the Volkswagen Golf R is a breeze to drive – and also very efficient.
- 4MOTION All-Wheel Drive: With 4MOTION AWD, you'll have outstanding handling capabilities in all road conditions. You'll wonder what you ever did without it.
- Fuel Economy: The 2016 Volkswagen Golf R is not only high-performance and maneuverable, it's also environmentally-friendly and efficient. With 23 mpg in the city* and 30 mpg on the highway*, you'll save money at the pump.
The new Volkswagen Golf R is loaded with the latest technologies from Volkswagen – all of which are designed to maximize your driving experience. No matter where you go in your new Volkswagen Golf R, you're going to be comfortable and connected. Here are a few of the most important and exciting technologies you're going to find inside the new Volkswagen Golf R:
- VW Car-Net App-Connect: Select your favorite smartphone apps right from the touch screen display built into the VW Golf R with App-Connect technology.
- Advanced Safety Systems: The safety technologies inside the Volkswagen Golf R include a TPMS, automatic post-collision braking system, intelligent crash response system, and much more.
- Innovative Maps and Navigation Technologies: Navigate around traffic, find a new favorite spot for lunch, and get precise directions to your destination with VW mapping technology. Don't leave home without it!
The Volkswagen Golf R is designed to suit drivers in a variety of contexts, including those who just want an efficient, well-made car to drive around town and families who want to take a road trip. There are a few different features that contribute to the Volkswagen Golf R's versatility and success – let's take a look at them now:
- Cargo Capacity and Space for the Whole Family: With 52.7 cubic feet of space for cargo, you'll have plenty of room to pack what you need for your next exciting road trip with friends or family. No matter where your journey takes you, you can depend on the VW Golf R to get you and your cargo there.
- Customizable Driving Modes: Normal, Individual, and Race driving modes help you fine-tune your Golf R driving experience.
- Driver Assist Systems: Assist systems like Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, and Lane Assist can help you to stay focused on the road during long road trips. These are must-have safety features.
Test Drive the 2016 VW Golf R at Volkswagen Santa Monica!
The ideal way to see whether or not the 2016 VW Golf R is right for you is to take it for a test drive today at Volkswagen Santa Monica. You'll be able to get your hands on the wheel and hop in the driver seat to take it for a drive or two around town, as well as experience just how much of a pleasure this great car is to drive.
To learn more about it and to get in touch with us, you may contact us online or over the phone at (855) 459-7323. The dealership is located at 2440 Santa Monica Blvd in Santa Monica, CA, and we hope to see you there soon!
*EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors including your driving habits and vehicle condition.