2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Santa Monica CA
Do you need a car that can get you through the Beverly Hills area without contributing to the rising smog issue? The 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf is the perfect eco-minded car that also caters to a keen sense of technological luxury. Discover the secret to the e-Golf’s excellent performance and impressive efficiency when you test drive one at Volkswagen Santa Monica today.
If you're looking for an efficient and fun electric car, the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf in Santa Monica CA could be exactly what you need.
Few electric cars look as attractive and are as fun to drive as Volkswagen's e-Golf model. VW's electric, zero-emissions vehicle retains the sporty driving characteristics found throughout the rest of the Golf family but without the need to stop at the fuel pump.
The 2016 model arrives with a few changes that work to further enhance the driving experience. That being said, the model's affordability and style remain. If you want to get behind the wheel, just get in touch with us using the form below. You can also read on to learn more about this versatile electric model.
It might be electric, but the e-Golf has an impressive range. It is capable of traveling up to 83 miles on a single charge, which is more than enough for most drivers for their daily commute and errands. Charge it up at night, and it's ready to go again in the morning.
The 2016 model comes with Volkswagen's new MIB II touchscreen infotainment system. It also comes with VW Car-Net App-Connect, meaning you can easily access your smartphone apps through the infotainment display using Apple CarPlay, Android Auto or MirrorLink.
Electric cars don't having to be boring and dull. The e-Golf is neither of these things. With an engine capable of delivering 199 lb-ft of torque, you can easily have a blast on any drive. But, you can also use the Eco and Eco+ driving modes to adjust the driving experience to better suit your needs.
Trims and Pricing
The 2016 e-Golf comes in two trims with awesome on board features:
- 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SE: Even the base model includes amazing features like a rearview camera system, keyless access, and a Composition Media touchscreen sound system starting at $28,995*.
- 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SEL Premium: With a full LED headlights package, 7.2kW charger and Discover Pro touchscreen navigation beginning at $35,595*.
Make a statement in the LA area with the 2016 e-Golf's standout exterior features:
- LED Lights: With LED Daytime Running Lights and full LED headlights, you can illuminate any road no matter the weather conditions.
- Electrically Heated Windshield: Battle annoying condensation or a vacation snowfall with heated windshields. If you ever encounter ice, it’ll just melt away.
- 7.2 kW Onboard Charger: Charge you battery in about four hours with your homes 240V wall box thanks to the SAE combo DC fast charger. You can also recharge with public outlets.
Interior Features and Design
Travel comfortably through any commute with quality interior features:
- VW Car-Net App-Connect: Link your smartphone to the touch screen in your VW so you can stream music and connect your favorite apps with ease.
- Discover Pro Touchscreen Navigation: Featuring an 8-inch touch screen, this navigation pack includes a proximity sensor, SD card reader, DVD/video playback, and voice control.
- Smart Key System: Leave your keys in your pocket as you start, lock, and unlock your car.
Conquer any narrow side street in West Hollywood thanks to these e-Golf performance specs:
- Engine: The core of the 2016 e-Golf’s performance is a 85kW AC Synchronous Electric Motor Permanent Magnet engine.
- Horsepower: At the peak, you can expect a max of 115 hp at 3000 rpm.
- Torque: The engine provides a maximum of 199 lb-ft torque at 0 to 3000 rpm.
- Mileage: With a powerful engine, the 2016 e-Golf gets an average of 126 mpge** in the city and 105 mpge** on the highway.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Stay safe on the Los Angeles highways with advanced safety features:
- Park Assist: The PA lets you know when the parking spot is the right size and helps you steer into the spot. You take care of the pedals and shifter, and the 2016 e-Golf does the rest.
- Front Assist: The front of your e-Golf has sensors to monitor traffic and guard against potential collisions. When needed, Autonomous Emergency Braking engages to prevent you from colliding with another vehicle.
- Park Pilot: Sensors help you back out or into a parking space. If you get too close to an obstacle, the e-Golf warns you.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Reviews
The experts agree that the 2016 e-Golf is an incredible electric option.
- Car Connection: “The 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf is VW's first all-electric car to be sold in North America—and you have to look twice to realize that it's operated by battery and electric motor…. It's almost possible that a driver not attuned to such things wouldn't notice that an e-Golf had no engine—except, of course, that it's smoother, quieter, and somewhat heavier on the road.”
- Edmunds: “One of our favorite electric vehicles, the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf stands out from the growing crowd of EVs with its superior driving dynamics, impressive range and optimized battery charging equipment. And thanks to careful packaging, it has all the practicality of any other four-door Golf hatchback.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “Whichever e-Golf you choose, you'll get a good-looking, versatile EV with plenty of room inside (52.7 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down) to live your daily life.”
- Car and Driver: “Despite its all-electric power, the e-Golf retains much of the driving charm of its gas-powered sibling, thanks to a firm suspension and taut handling. A 115-hp electric motor and lithium-ion battery provide a range of up to 83 miles while adjustable driving and regenerative braking modes help boost range in the most aggressive settings.”
Test Drive the 2016 VW e-Golf Near Los Angeles CA
Experience the 2016 e-Golf firsthand with a test drive at Volkswagen Santa Monica. We’re located conveniently at 2440 Santa Monica Blvd, so feel free to schedule an appointment with a quick call to (855) 459-7323. If you have any questions, fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you soon.
If you're ready to experience a versatile, fun and well-equipped electric car, then contact us at Volkswagen Santa Monica. The 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf in Santa Monica may be just what you've been searching for. So, no matter where you are in the Los Angeles area, stop on by or give us a call.
Vehicles you may like
*Purchase for as low as $21,495 after $7,500 federal tax credit. The e-Golf vehicle is available only at participating dealers in select states. Based on starting MSRP of $28,995 for a 2016 e-Golf SE with automatic transmission. Price excludes [transportation] taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price. The content provided does not constitute tax advice and is subject to change. Consult your tax or financial advisor to verify availability, eligibility, and other special rules that may apply. See IRS.gov website for more details on the federal tax credit. Federal tax credit available only to qualified taxpayers who purchase a new e-Golf vehicle; not available to taxpayers who lease an e-Golf vehicle. Limitations apply.
**126 city/105 highway MPGe (2015 e-Golf, single-speed automatic transmission). EPA estimates. Based on EPA formula of 33.7 kW/hour equal to one gallon of gasoline energy, EPA rated the e-Golf equivalent to 126 MPG measured as gasoline fuel efficiency in city driving, and 105 MPG in highway driving. 2016 EPA estimates not available at time of publication. Actual mileage will vary and depend on several factors including driving and charging habits, weather and temperature, battery age, and vehicle condition. Battery capacity decreases with time and use. See owner’s manual for details.